Monday 25 August 2008

NOW DID YOU REALLY MISS ME


Hello readers! Firstly, I must apologise for my absence, my computer has been causing havoc all over the shop and finally had to be destroyed. It's a sad sad situation. HOWEVER! I now have a lovely new laptop and can resume my regular(ish) updates.

There are three songs which I cannot stop playing repeatedly at the moment. The first is the disco classic 'Ring My Bell' by Anita Ward. Here, have a dose of unadulterated disco magic.

Anita Ward -Ring My Bell

The second is a fairly recent (I think) single by Telepathe.

Telepathe - Chromes on it

And the third is by U.S. Girls, another treat from Siltbreeze, the song is called 'Don't Understand That Man', it's a very hypnotic and also kind of melancholy song. I think it's great, unfortunately I can't seem to download it but here's a ling to the myspace page where you can listen to it.

Well, I hope you enjoy those little nuggets. Just briefly I though I'd mention a band called Pifco, from Leeds. I'm perhaps not as skilled as summing up their sound as Mike driver of Drowned in Sound is, so here's what he's got to say :
"Their grunge sound is reminiscent of early Sonic Youth, with a heavy dose of jerky punk rock similar to Coachwhips and a splash of electro indie pop akin to The Fall. Probably the most wholesome recipe you’ll ever let pour into your ears. "
They have a new album out called Pifco-A-Go-Go out now, again, I am unable to download any of their songs but here is their myspace page.

This weekend Grace and I will be partying at Offset festival so I am sure you have many a review to look forward to!

No comments: