Wednesday 25 June 2008

YOU ARE SOUND ITSELF



The reason I haven't 'updated' for quite a bit is EXAMS but they are all over now, hurraaah! Now I can waste time without feeling too guilty that I'm not doing any work.

Calico Horse - Idioteque
I'm going to see Radiohead play today in Victoria Park, hurrah! However, the weather is not looking too good, and I don't actually know when it starts.
This first song is a cover of a Radiohead one. This represents one side of my music taste in that it is a cover version in a style you never thought you'd hear the original in. It is a bit like a weird lullaby ... Although it would be a bit weird to sing this to a child.

Castanets - You Are The Blood
Because I read quite a lot and at the same time listen to playlists on repeat, certain songs seem to become associated with books and sometimes particular parts of books. They can take on the atmosphere of the writing or even add to it. This happened with this song and I like it even more now as it's taken on deeper meanings in some way. It also fits in with the Calico Horse song as they're both a bit creepy.

No comments: