Thursday 3 July 2008

FEELING SO SORE I TOOK ME OUT DANCING















Two days before my 18th birthday I went to go and see My Bloody Valentine at the Roundhouse in London. I went by myself, which is something I have never done before. At the door you had to show your ticket and in exchange you got give a set of earplugs. Obviously at the beginning I thought "I will not need earplugs, I'm no wimp, I'm hardcore " but the final number was followed by 20 minutes of pure noise, which was INCREDIBLE but so very very loud (though any quieter wouldn't have been so great), so I sheepishly plugged up my ears to avoid any impending brain damage.

The second number they played was probably my favourite My Bloody Valentine song - When You Sleep, and I do confess that I nearly shed a tear. The one thing that slightly irked me, however, was this absolutely dickhead standing in front of me - he had obviously come with a group of his friends and he was papping away like nobody's business, anyway, being the tall lass that I am I happened to glance over whilst he was writing a text, this text described how he was hating the gig, thought the band were "apalling" and didn't see why anybody liked this kind of music, he also wrote "this is for people who wear trainers - so they can do some shoegazing!" Really, what a cunt.
I digress, overall it was amazing and I am so glad I went.

So! New Abe Vigoda album out on July 8th entitled Skeleton. It's awesome. Very tropical and fun, I highly recommend it. Here is the first track:
Abe Vigoda - Dead City/Waste Wilderness
Another band I've been enjoying recently are Mutators. It's pretty noisy.By this I do not mean that the noise is pretty.
Mutators - Instinct

No comments: