Monday 7 July 2008

WOULD RATHER BE WITH CATS

I love advert music. Obviously there are the quite uninspired adverts using songs that were basically made for use on TV soundtracks, and there are the ones which use your favourite song over and over and over until even of the mention of the advert or the song sends you into a blind rage.

But in general, I think adverts can sometimes be a good way to discover new songs you probably would have looked over elsewhere. It's something about putting the music to some images. Like that ad with all the colourful bouncing balls and Jose Gonzales' cover of 'Heartbeats' playing alongside - that was great. I don't watch that much TV either so I don't tend to get that sick of adverts.

Anyway, this song I first heard on an advert last year and I thought the visuals (screenshot above) really fit it:
Minotaur Shock - Muesli

A really stupid band name but a very nice song. The ad that this one accompanied was again for a phone and involved a bicycle riding around an empty parking lot at night. Which I thought was sweet. Didn't make me want to change phone networks though so they've failed on that one.
The Funky Lowlives - Time To Let You Go

I had heard this song before the advert, but watching a dog sing it made it even better:
Spencer Davis Group - I'm A Man

No comments: