Thursday 22 May 2008

THE HEAVIES DANCE IT AND THE FREAKS TOO

EUROVISION has come round again - this Saturday - and I love it ... Mostly because of Terry Wogan getting gradually more inebriated as the night wears on; it is incredibly entertaining. Apparently Wogan was told off by the 'head of Eurovision' last year because he doesn't take it seriously..!
Spain has an amazing entry:

By amazing I obviously mean insane. That isn't the final version of the song, but I find watching this version with the subtitles a very enjoyable experience. I like the way he can play the guitar with his nose.

Surprisingly, France have an entry that I like in a non-ironic way:
Sebastien Tellier - Divine
It's really catchy and fun and completely unlike the Sebastien Tellier stuff I had heard before - which was actually just the song on the Lost in Translation soundtrack.
Also, here's a Midnight Juggernauts remix for kicks. They've slowed it down and the first minute or so wouldn't sound out of place as the soundtrack for a moon landing:
Sebastien Tellier - Divine (Midnight Juggernauts remix)

Of course, nothing will ever top my absolute favourite entry from the Ukraine last year. The costumes, the dancing, the 'breakdown':

Check the Popbitch guide if you want to explore more of the weird and wonderful world of Eurovision.

No comments: