Sunday 25 May 2008

MY B-A-B-Y, BABY


On Friday I went to see Broken Social Scene at Shepherd's Bush Empire. They weren't actually as good as the time I saw them at Reading Festival, but that's probably because last time they had Emily Haines from Metric to sing 'Anthems For a Seventeen Year Old Girl' and I had consumed a lot more alcohol. They did however do this cool experimental bit where they 'looked at the melodies of conversation' by played about with recordings of people talking.
Here is a song from some album from some time (too tired to look it up):

Their support was The Brunettes, who seem to really love handclaps. They didn't play the one song I had heard (Loopy Loopy Love), but as it turns out they're behind the song off that Hollyoaks ad. I thought they were actually really enjoyable and put on a good show - including a dance contest where the prize was 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' "which had only been run over once". Plus they had New Zealand accents.

No comments: