Thursday 22 May 2008

TALKING ALCHEMY AND EGGPLANTS TO A DOG

Greetings all (I use the word 'all' somewhat artistically here), I have come bearing gifts, musical gifts. Today I will be informing you about a band I came across recently called Major Organ and the Adding Machine, their music has a sort of Animal Collectivey feel to it but I only say this because I don't know who else I could compare them to. Major Organ and the Adding Machine are a product of Elephant Six Recordings and are a sort of super-group with contributors from various other bands in the company such as Neutral Milk Hotel, The Olivia Tremor Control, Elf Power and Of Montreal. To be honest I think all of these bands are pretty mediocre, however Major Organ and the Adding Machine are just kind of fun and summery and "ZANY".

There have also been rumours that there is to be a Major Organ motion picture, so hold on to your hats.

Major Organ and the Adding Machine - His Master's Pet Whistles

I couldn't find a good enough picture of MAATAM, so instead here's a picture of some cats in bikinis.

No comments: